You will need to define the following rules for your raffle:
- Electronic draw takes place at <<time>> on <<date>>.
- Winning ticket number and winner’s name will be posted online at the raffle website following the draw.
- Prizes must be claimed at <<name location>> within 30 days of the draw. If the selected winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of the draw, <<organization name>> will retain ownership of the prize.
- Winners must provide first name, last name and mailing address upon claiming prize.
- Photo identification is required to claim prize.
- A single entry can only win one prize.
- Prizes will be mailed to winners within 15 days of the draw.
- Raffle tickets are non-refundable.
Certain raffle types require additional rules to clarify specific parts of your raffle. You can view a few example below.
Progressive Pot Raffle
Some regulators will require a pot description for Progressive Pot Raffles so that ticket purchaser clearly understand how the pots work. Here is an example that you could use:
- 50% of monthly sales is added to the applicable month's pot. The remaining 50% of each month's sales rolls over into the Jackpot.
- Monthly winners receive 50% of the monthly pot.
- Jackpot winner receives 50% of the final jackpot.
- The organization retains 50% of all ticket sales.
If you have seeded any of your pots, you will need to include an explanation of your seed amount in your rules.
- Pot(s) have been seeded with a starting pot amount of <<seed amount>>.